SEEFOR 3 (1): 3-10
THIS ARTICLE HAS BEEN RETRACTED
Analysis of Genetic Variability of Austrian Pine (Pinus nigra Arnold) in Serbia Using Protein Markers
Aleksandar Lučić 1*, Vasilije Isajev 2, Ljubinko Rakonjac 1, Vladan Popović 1, Radovan Nevenić 1, Tatjana Ćirković-Mitrović 1, Ljiljana Brašanac-Bosanac 1
1 Institute of Forestry, Kneza Viseslava 3, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
2 University of Belgrade, Faculty of Forestry, Kneza Viseslava 1, 11000 Belgrade, Serbia
* Corresponding author: e-mail: email@example.com
THIS PAPER HAS BEEN RETRACTED: LUČIĆ A, ISAJEV V, RAKONJAC LJ, POPOVIĆ V, NEVENIĆ R, ĆIRKOVIĆ-MITROVIĆ T, BRAŠANAC-BOSANAC LJ 2012 Analysis of Genetic Variability of Austrian Pine (Pinus nigra Arnold) in Serbia Using Protein Markers. South-east Eur for 3 (1): 3-10. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15177/seefor.12-01
Retraction: The following paper from South-east European forestry, 'Analysis of Genetic Variability of Austrian Pine (Pinus nigra Arnold) in Serbia Using Protein Markers by Aleksandar Lučić, Vasilije Isajev, Ljubinko Rakonjac , Vladan Popović, Radovan Nevenić, Tatjana Ćirković-Mitrović, Ljiljana Brašanac-Bosanac, published in Volume 3 No 1 (June 2012), has been retracted by agreement between the authors and the journal Editors. The paper has been retracted due to significant overlapping with the following paper 'Genetic characterisation of genotypes of Austrian pine (Pinus nigra Arnold) populations using protein markers' by Aleksandar Lučić, Ana Nikolić, Snežana Mladenović Drinić, Vasilije Isajev, Vera Lavadinović published in Genetika, Volume 40, No 2, pages 157-168, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2298/GENSR0802157L (2008).
Authors pointed out that there was no intent for 'self-plagiarism', but that there was an apparent failure in communication between the co-authors on both papers which caused the papers to be overlapped.
Editors of South-east European forestry and authors of the retracted paper apologize to the readers of the journal for not detecting this omission during the publishing process. We thank Dr Paulo Baptista for bringing this to our attention.
- CORNELIUS J 1994 Heritabilities and additive genetic coefficients of variation in forest trees. Can J Forest Res (24): 372-379. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1139/x94-050
- HAMRICH JL, LINHART YB, MITTON JB 1979 Relationships between life history characteristics and electrophoretically detectable genetic variation in plants. Annu Rev Ecol Syst (10): 173-200. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1146/annurev.es.10.110179.001133
- HAMRICH JL, GODT M JW 1990 Allozyme diversity in plants species. Plant population genetics, breeding and genetic resources. Sinauer associates inc. Sunderland, Massachusetts, pp 43-63
- LEWANDOWSKI A, SAMOCKO J, BORATYNSKA K, BORATYNSKA A 2002 Genetic differences between two Polish populations of Pinus uliginosa, compared to P. sylvestris and P. mugo. Dendrobiology 48: 51-57
- MATARUGAM2006 Austrian pine (Pinus nigra Arn.) growing on the rocks – its variability and various possibilities of its use. Faculty of Forestry, University of Banja Luka. Banja Luka
- LEE SW, LEDIG FT, JOHNSON DR 2002 Genetic variation at allozyme and RAPD markers in Pinus longaeva (Pinaceae) of the White Mountains, California. Am J Bot 89: 566-577. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3732/ajb.89.4.566
- NKONGOLO KK, MICHAEL P, GRATTON WS 2002 Identification and characterization of RAPD markers inferring genetic relationships among Pine species. Genome 45 (1): 51-58. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1139/g01-121
- MONTELEONE I, FERRAZZINI D, BELLETTI P 2006 Effectiveness of neutral RAPD markers to detect genetic divergence between the subspecies uncinata and mugo of Pinus mugo Turra. Silva Fenn 40: 391-406
- LUČIĆ A, MLADENOVIĆ-DRINIĆ S, STAVRETOVIĆ N, ISAJEV V, LAVADINOVIĆ V, RAKONJAC LJ, NOVAKOVIĆ M 2010 Genetic diversity of Austrian pine (Pinus nigra Arnold) populations in Serbia revealed by RAPD. Arch Biol Sci Belgrade 62 (2): 329-336. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2298/ABS1002329L
- LUČIĆ A, ISAJEV V, RAKONJAC LJ, RISTIĆ D, KOSTADINOVIĆ M, BABOĆ V, NIKOLIĆ A 2011 Genetic Divergence of Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris L.) Populations in Serbia Revealed by Rapd. Arch Biol Sci Belgrade 63 (2): 371-380. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2298/ABS1102371L
- ISAJEV V, TUCOVIĆ A, MATARUGA M 1998 Improving of reforestation technology of degraded habitats. Counseling: Some issues related to forests and water and possible solutions. State Enterprise for Forest Management "Srbijašume" Belgrade
- MATARUGAM, ISAJEV V 1998 Possibilities of testing and conservation of Austrian pine (Pinus nigra Arn.) biodiversity in specialized plantations. Protection of Nature 50: 63-69
- Official List of seed stands of Republic of Serbia 105/2005
- WANG C, BIAN K, ZHANG H, ZHOU Z, WANG J 1994 Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis of salt soluble proteins for maize variety identification and genetic purity assessment. Seed Sci Tech 21: 51-57
- LAEMLLI VK 1970 Cleavage of structural proteins during the assembly of the head of bacteriophage T4. Nature 227: 680-685. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/227680a0
- JACCARD P 1908 Nouvelles rescherches sur la distribution floral. Bull Soc Vand Sci Nat 44: 223-270. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5169/seals-268384
- SOKAL RR, MICHENER CD 1958 A statistical method for evaluating systematic relationships. Univ Kans Sci Bull 38: 1409-1438
- ROHLF FJ 2000 NTSYS-pc. Numerical taxonomy and multivariate analysis system. Version 2.0 Exeter Software, Setaket, N.Y.
- ISAJEV V, RADOTIĆ K 2007 Variability of peroxidase activity and heavy metal content in the needlesof Austrian pine (Pinus nigra Arnold) half-sib lines. Genetics 39 (2): 241-250
- FORREST I G 1994 Biochemical Markers in Tree Improvement Programmes. Forestry Abstracts 55 (2): 123-150
- BAHRMAN N, PETIT RJ 1995 Genetic polymorphism in maritime pine (Pinus pinaster Ait.) assessed by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis of needle, bud and pollen proteins. J Mol Evol 41: 231-237. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF00170677
- SCALTSOYIANNES A, ROHR R, PANETSOS K 1994 Allozyme frequency distribution in five european populations of black pine (Pinus nigra Arnold), Silvae Genet 43 (1): 20-25
- MANTEL N 1967 The detection of disease clustering and a generalized regression approach. Cancer Res 27: 209-220
- MATARUGAM, ISAJEV V, OCOKOLJIĆ M, ŠIJAČIĆ-NIKOLIĆ M 1997 Analysis of Austrian pine development based on gene-ecological research. The 3rd International conference on the development of forestry and wood science/technology. Proceedings book Vol. I, Belgrade, pp 51-59
- TUCOVIĆ A, ISAJEV V 1990 Breeding of seeds and seedlings and reforestation. Counseling: Modern methods of reforestation, care and protection in conservation and expansion of the forest fund of Serbia. Proceedings book, Arandjelovac, pp 72-81
© 2015 by the Croatian Forest Research Institute. This is an Open Access paper distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0).